WildlandsTech
How to Enable or Disable Snap Layouts on Top of Screen in Windows 11 - Printable Version

+- WildlandsTech (https://wildlandstech.com)
+-- Forum: Windows Support (https://wildlandstech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Windows 11 (https://wildlandstech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: How to Enable or Disable Snap Layouts on Top of Screen in Windows 11 (/showthread.php?tid=557)

How to Enable or Disable Snap Layouts on Top of Screen in Windows 11 - Sneakyone - 09-09-2024

How to Enable or Disable Snap Layouts on Top of Screen in Windows 11

Windows 11 introduces Snap Layouts, a productivity feature that allows you to quickly arrange your open windows into different layouts. By hovering over the maximize button or dragging a window to the top of the screen, you can easily organize your workspace. This guide will show you how to enable or disable Snap Layouts on top of the screen in Windows 11.

Step 1: Open the Settings App

1. Press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
2. In the left-hand sidebar, click on System.
3. Scroll down and select Multitasking.

Step 2: Access Snap Layouts Settings

1. In the Multitasking section, you will see the option for Snap windows.
2. Ensure that the toggle switch for Snap windows is turned on. This allows you to use Snap Layouts in Windows 11.

Step 3: Enable or Disable Snap Layouts on Top of the Screen

1. Once Snap windows is enabled, click on the arrow next to the Snap windows toggle to expand additional options.
2. Find the option labeled When I drag a window, let me snap it without dragging all the way to the screen edge.
3. Check or uncheck this option depending on whether you want to enable or disable Snap Layouts when dragging windows to the top of the screen:

- To Enable Snap Layouts on Top of the Screen: Make sure the checkbox is checked.
  - To Disable Snap Layouts on Top of the Screen: Uncheck the checkbox.

Step 4: Customize Additional Snap Layout Options (Optional)

1. Below the main Snap Layouts options, you will see additional settings you can configure:

- Show snap layouts when I hover over a window's maximize button: This option enables or disables the Snap Layouts popup when you hover over the maximize button.
  - When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it: This option allows you to select windows to snap next to the current window.

2. Customize these options based on your preference.

Step 5: Test Snap Layouts

Once you have enabled or disabled Snap Layouts on the top of the screen, you can test the feature:

1. Click and drag any window to the top edge of your screen.
2. If Snap Layouts is enabled, you should see available layouts appear at the top. Release the window in the desired layout section to snap it into place.
3. If Snap Layouts is disabled, dragging the window to the top of the screen will not trigger any snap layout options.

Conclusion

Snap Layouts is a handy feature that allows for quick window management and multitasking in Windows 11. You can easily enable or disable Snap Layouts when dragging a window to the top of the screen by following this guide. Customize the feature to fit your workflow and improve your productivity on Windows 11.